- Preparation and presentation of food and beverages
- To provide room service to each resident
- To ensure crockery and cutlery and working areas are clean and tidy
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a friendly personal approach of hospitality to our residents
- To provide a friendly welcoming service to visitors to the home
- To ensure a service is provided to all rooms, by a personal visit, establishing the residents’ preferences and requests
- Understanding the allergy and/or dietary restrictions which may be in place for the resident and modify requests as necessary, explaining fully and with the consent of the resident for the provision of a suitable alternative
- Develop an understanding of communication with people living with a cognitive impairment and/or memory loss
- To maintain cleanliness of your working areas to the required standard.
- To be aware of the appropriate COSHH regulations regarding the use of various cleaning fluids within the Home.
- To present a professional image with personal appearance and uniform in line with company policy
- To develop and maintain a supporting relationship with colleagues
- To be aware and comply with all working practices currently operated within the Home.
- To be aware of the Homes Health & Safety, Fire Procedures, equipment and exits, and to attend associated training when required.
- To report immediately, any complaints from residents and relatives to the person in charge.
- To report any accidents to residents or staff to the person in charge.
- To undertake the appropriate training as and when required and to achieve in a reasonable time frame the regulation compliance percentage of training completion
- To undertake any additional duties as reasonable requested by the person in charge.
The role requires effective communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to develop good relationships with residents, relatives, prospective customers, employees, suppliers and professionals, the ability to work as part of the team is vital. Must be a self-starter, highly organised individual with a passion for achieving excellent standards of service.