- WELL LED: To take responsibility for and effectively supervise the day to day running of the home in the absence of the Home Manager/Deputy Manager or Clinical Lead
- RESPONSIVE: To take a professional accountability in respect of the clinical management of the home.
- CARING: To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of the residents.
- EFFECTIVE: To demonstrate a clear understanding of the Francis Report and Duty of Candour
- EFFECTIVE: To demonstrate a good understanding of the 6 C’s as identified in the Francis report
- WELL LED: To demonstrate leadership of your staff team and to act as a positive role model ensuring your presence is visible within your area of work
- RESPONSIVE: To ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix are deployed throughout your area of work
- EFFECTIVE: To ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to their individual need.
- WELL LED: To implement the requirements of the recognised fundamental standards for Care Homes for Older People, published in accordance with the Care Home Act 2008 and 2014 and ensure that all outcomes are met.
- WELL LED: To be physically involved in the nursing care of the residents and to meet all residents’ individual needs, either personally or through delegation. To take responsibility for and effectively supervise the day to day running of the home, in the absence of the Home Manager/ Deputy Manager or Clinical Lead
- Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team Player
- Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes
- Satisfactory police check and check against the ISA list (where applicable)
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Good understanding of Infection Control
- Good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and DoLS and how it is implemented
- Excellent Care planning experience
- Experience of leading a team
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Previous experience of working with assessing client needs
- Experience in Audit completion and management